Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Resolve!

I have been absolutely awful about posting lately. I guess I went through a little bit of a blogging blah! Plus, my life has been so darn crazy lately, I sometimes don't know which way is up! I guess that's called having four kids?!?! I'm so busy but not really because of me- it's the kiddos that keep me running! But I'll tell ya- I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now! I love being a mom and raising these kids! Even on the hard days.

Jayden, Braedy, and Masen are all taking piano lessons! FINALLY! I have wanted to get them started for a while but was just so nervous to try a teacher that I didn't know anything about. I took a chance and just called one and we love her! She is really great and the best part is she comes to our house! Which saves me a lot of time!!

Jayden is still busy with scouts and young men's. He is now a Star, working on his Life, which I'm told is the lever just below Eagle! He has really awesome leaders and I'm very thankful for that because I know nothing about scouts! He is loving it! He loves all the camping trips and outdoors stuff.

Brae is still rocking in gymnastics. She hurt her toe last week. I ended up taking her to the doctor the next day to make sure it wasn't broken... it wasn't, thank goodness. She just stubbed it really bad and got a big gash above the cuticle. The doctor said she will lose her toe nail for sure! :( It will take about a year for it to grow back! I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious! She is loving middle school which is a huge relief for me. I was a little worried about her but she has transitioned great and made tons of new friends!

Mase is loving second grade. We just found out on Monday that he will be tested by the school psychologist for the gifted and talented program! He has already been given a test and he tested at or above the level for the program. I am a little nervous and pretty dang excited to see what the psychologist has to say about him. We will have a meeting with her after she tests Masen. He also cannot wait to be baptized! He turns 8 at the end of the year and he talks about it almost daily! It is so darn cute to see how excited he is to be a member of the church! He is such a cute kid!

Kaylen started pre-school a few weeks ago. 5 other mothers in my ward and I decided to do a rotating pre-school so I get to teach in my home every 6 weeks. I got to have my first turn last week and it was so fun! We have 3 girls and 3 boys so it works out pretty good. They are all such darling kiddos and it is really fun to see Kaylen interact with her peers. She tries to be so grown-up around her siblings so it's nice to see her act like a 3-year-old. It's also really nice to have a break twice a week. It's also a little weird. Sometimes I feel lost... I've been raising kids for 14 years so it's crazy to have time to myself. But it has been really nice.

Next post, there will be pictures and I am making a promise to myself to be better about posting. This is really the only journal/scrapbook I have right now so I need to be better about it! I keep waiting for life to slow down but it refuses to do so! It just keeps going faster and faster! Maybe I can find a way to add about 12 hours to each day....

5 comments:

stephslater said...

Your blog is so cute. I love the background. I guess I'm glad I had my personal crochet lessons in when I did. I think you may be to busy for me now.

Your life sounds great. How can you not enjoy those cute kids, and one crazy husband. tell him hi from slaters

Stephanie Black said...

Your life sounds crazy. It seems the kids are all doing great. I can just imagine how cute Kaylen is at preschool! We definitely need to get together soon!

Garmire's said...

Yay I'm glad you posted finally! keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for pictures next time! It's so weird that your kids are getting so old!
love them!!!!!! I miss you guys!

toonefam said...

Hey if you figure out how to add those 12 hours to the day, will you please let me know?! I think kids are a busy blessing!! Sounds like you are all doing well though! Hope to see you all soon!!

Gina and Jon said...

Brenda!
I'm glad you found my blog.. yeah! How are things? We need to plan to go to lunch or something + I heard that you are training for a half marathon or something like that.. you should come run with me!